On this day The Beatles gave their 118th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 202nd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2012: The Beatles release iTunes compilation Tomorrow Never Knows
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Comerica Park, Detroit
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Come And Get It, Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard
- 1968: Recording: Sexy Sadie
- 1967: The Beatles go sightseeing in Greece
- 1967: The Beatles call for the legalisation of marijuana
- 1965: Ringo Starr buys Sunny Heights, Weybridge
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.