Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Ken Scott
The group recorded 23 takes during this 7pm-2.30am session, which were numbered 25-47.
The last of these was marked ‘best’, although John Lennon was still dissatisfied with the performance and arrangement. Nothing from this session was released, and a second remake was begun on 13 August.
Towards the end of this session The Beatles recorded a number of sound effects onto a tape reel. The reel was taken away at the end of the session, and its contents remain unknown.
Also on this day...
- 2012: The Beatles release iTunes compilation Tomorrow Never Knows
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Comerica Park, Detroit
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Come And Get It, Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard
- 1967: The Beatles go sightseeing in Greece
- 1967: The Beatles call for the legalisation of marijuana
- 1965: Ringo Starr buys Sunny Heights, Weybridge
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.