This was The Beatles’ 119th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 35th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 203rd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2018: Paul McCartney live: Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts, Liverpool
- 2011: Liverpool streets to be named after Pete Best and Casbah Coffee Club
- 2005: UK album release: Choose Love by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Recording: Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard, Come Together, Polythene Pam, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1967: John Lennon and Ringo Starr go sightseeing in Athens
- 1964: Television: Juke Box Jury
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cabaret Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.