This was the third occasion on which The Beatles performed both lunchtime and evening shows in the same day at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 18th lunchtime show, and their 21st appearance overall at the underground venue on Mathew Street.
In the evening they gave their fourth late performance at the Cavern.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Liverpool streets to be named after Pete Best and Casbah Coffee Club
- 1969: Recording: Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard, Come Together, Polythene Pam, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1967: John Lennon and Ringo Starr go sightseeing in Athens
- 1964: Television: Juke Box Jury
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cabaret Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.