This third day was devoted to mixing all the tracks from the sessions. The mix was engineered by Peter Henderson.
The two recording days were fruitful. On day one McCartney and his fellow musicians recorded at least 12 songs: ‘Kansas City’, ‘Twenty Flight Rock’, ‘Lawdy Miss Clawdy’, ‘I’m In Love Again’, ‘Bring It On Home To Me’, ‘Lucille’, ‘I’m Gonna Be A Wheel Someday’, ‘That’s All Right (Mama)’, ‘Summertime’, ‘Just Because’, ‘Midnight Special’, and ‘It’s Now Or Never’.
Day two saw the recording of at least four songs recorded: ‘Ain’t That A Shame’, ‘Don’t Get Around Much Anymore’, ‘Crackin’ Up’, and ‘I Wanna Cry’. All but the last on both days were released on Choba B CCCP.
Some of the songs were initially released as b-sides of Flowers In The Dirt-era singles. Choba B CCCP was released in the Soviet Union in 1988, and three years later internationally.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording: Oh! Darling, Come Together
- 1968: Recording: A Beginning, Good Night
- 1967: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Greece
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Holyoake Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.