This was the second of two consecutive nights in Rhyl, north Wales, each of which saw two sold-out concerts at the Ritz Ballroom.
At the end of the night The Beatles drove straight back to Liverpool.
Their other performances in Wales were in Rhyl on 14 July 1962 and 19 July 1963; Prestatyn on 24 November 1962; Mold on 24 January 1963; Abergavenny on 22 June 1963; Llandudno from 12–17 August 1963; and Cardiff on 27 May 1963, 7 November 1964 and 12 December 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2016: The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl to be released in September
- 1968: Jane Asher announces her split from Paul McCartney
- 1967: The Chris Barber Band records Catcall
- 1967: George Harrison and Ringo Starr travel to Greece
- 1964: US single releases: And I Love Her, I’ll Cry Instead
- 1964: US album release: Something New
- 1962: Live: Bell Hall, Warrington
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.