The Beatles performed at the Ritz Ballroom on the promenade in Rhyl, north Wales, for two consecutive nights in July 1963. They played two concerts on each day, both of which sold out well in advance.
The ballroom, situated on the promenade in Rhyl, was destroyed by fire in 1968.
After this first concert The Beatles stayed at the bridal suite in the Westminster Hotel.
Their other performances in Wales were in Rhyl on 14 July 1962 and 20 July 1963; Prestatyn on 24 November 1962; Mold on 24 January 1963; Abergavenny on 22 June 1963; Llandudno from 12–17 August 1963; and Cardiff on 27 May 1963, 7 November 1964 and 12 December 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2019: Album release: Amoeba Gig by Paul McCartney
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, California
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Safeco Field, Seattle
- 1968: Recording: Sexy Sadie
- 1967: Lennon and McCartney sing on The Rolling Stones’ We Love You
- 1967: The Beatles discuss purchasing a Greek island
- 1965: US single release: Help!
- 1964: Television: Blackpool Night Out
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.