This was The Beatles’ third evening show at the Cavern Club in Mathew Street, Liverpool.
They had given another performance earlier in the day for the lunchtime crowd. This was the second occasion on which they played both lunchtime and evening shows.
The precise number of Cavern appearances by The Beatles is not known, though they played at least 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963. On this occasion they were supported by The Remo Four and The Pressmen.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, California
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Safeco Field, Seattle
- 1968: Recording: Sexy Sadie
- 1967: Lennon and McCartney sing on The Rolling Stones’ We Love You
- 1967: The Beatles discuss purchasing a Greek island
- 1965: US single release: Help!
- 1964: Television: Blackpool Night Out
- 1963: Live: Ritz Ballroom, Rhyl
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.