This was The Beatles’ fourth performance at St John’s Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John’s Hall. The venue shouldn’t be confused with a hall in Bootle of the same name where The Beatles also performed.
The Beatles played at Liverpool’s St John’s Hall on 11 occasions. The other dates were 17 February; 10 March; 13 and 27 July; 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31 August; and 8 September 1961.
Last updated: 8 September 2012
Also on this day...
- 2016: The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl to be released in September
- 1987: Recording: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1968: Jane Asher announces her split from Paul McCartney
- 1967: The Chris Barber Band records Catcall
- 1967: George Harrison and Ringo Starr travel to Greece
- 1964: US single releases: And I Love Her, I’ll Cry Instead
- 1964: US album release: Something New
- 1963: Live: Ritz Ballroom, Rhyl
- 1962: Live: Bell Hall, Warrington
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.