This was The Beatles’ only live performance in Warrington, Lancashire, a town less than 20 miles from Liverpool.
They were supported by The Vigilantes and The Renegades. The entrance charge was 2/6d.
Bell Hall was a church hall situated on Orford Lane, accessed down a small alley. It was later demolished.
Also on this day...
- 2016: The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl to be released in September
- 1987: Recording: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1968: Jane Asher announces her split from Paul McCartney
- 1967: The Chris Barber Band records Catcall
- 1967: George Harrison and Ringo Starr travel to Greece
- 1964: US single releases: And I Love Her, I’ll Cry Instead
- 1964: US album release: Something New
- 1963: Live: Ritz Ballroom, Rhyl
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.