This was The Beatles’ 10th performance at St John’s Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John’s Hall. The venue shouldn’t be confused with a hall in Bootle of the same name where The Beatles also performed.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Lennon, Harrison and Starr watch Bob Dylan perform at the Isle of Wight Festival
- 1967: The Beatles issue a statement on NEMS Enterprises
- 1965: Live: Cow Palace, San Francisco
- 1964: Day off in Cape May, New Jersey
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1962: Live: Town Hall, Lydney
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.