This was the last of The Beatles’ six consecutive dates in the English seaside town of Southport, Lancashire. They played two houses on each night.
Throughout the Southport residency the group performed the same set of 10 songs: Roll Over Beethoven, Thank You Girl, Chains, A Taste Of Honey, She Loves You, Baby It’s You, From Me To You, Boys, I Saw Her Standing There and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Lennon, Harrison and Starr watch Bob Dylan perform at the Isle of Wight Festival
- 1967: The Beatles issue a statement on NEMS Enterprises
- 1965: Live: Cow Palace, San Francisco
- 1964: Day off in Cape May, New Jersey
- 1962: Live: Town Hall, Lydney
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.