The Beatles played two shows on consecutive nights in Gloucestershire on this and the following night. This first show took place at the Town Hall on Church Road in the town of Lydney.
The shows were promoted by Jaybee Clubs, run by John (Jack) Fallon and Bill Reid, who promoted events in a number of venues across the south of England. The Beatles played at four different Jaybee venues altogether.
The following night The Beatles performed for the second time at the Subscriptions Rooms in Stroud.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Lennon, Harrison and Starr watch Bob Dylan perform at the Isle of Wight Festival
- 1967: The Beatles issue a statement on NEMS Enterprises
- 1965: Live: Cow Palace, San Francisco
- 1964: Day off in Cape May, New Jersey
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.