This was The Beatles' second of two performances at the Subscription Rooms, situated on George Street in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
The show was booked through a London company, the Cana Variety Agency, which was run by John (Jack) Fallon and Bill Fraser Reid, who promoted events across the south of England. Fallon and Reid also ran a number of venues under another of their companies, Jaybee Clubs. The Beatles played four different Jaybee venues altogether.
The Beatles' previous performance at the Subscription Rooms took place on 31 March 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Hard Rock Cafe & Casino, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2009: BBC chart reveals best-selling UK Beatles songs
- 2009: BBC Radio 2’s bank holiday Beatles bonanza
- 1969: Bob Dylan visits John Lennon at Tittenhurst Park
- 1967: The Beatles discuss their future after Brian Epstein
- 1965: Travel: San Francisco to London
- 1965: Paul McCartney and George Harrison attend a Byrds recording session
- 1963: Television: Big Night Out
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.