This was The Beatles' first performance at St John's Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John's Hall. The Beatles were paid £20 for their appearance, a considerable sum for them at the time.
This St John's Hall shouldn't be confused with a venue of the same name in Bootle where The Beatles also performed.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Peace Center, Greenville, SC, USA
- 2010: National Trust considers campaign to buy Abbey Road Studios
- 2010: McCartney hopes Abbey Road can be saved after reports of an EMI sale
- 1975: US album release: Rock ‘N’ Roll by John Lennon
- 1970: Recording, mixing: I’m A Fool To Care, Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!
- 1967: UK single release: Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1965: Recording: The Night Before, You Like Me Too Much
- 1964: Day off in Miami
- 1963: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.