The Beatles played just one live show at Victoria Hall in Higher Bebington.
The venue rarely put on beat groups, and The Beatles had some trouble finding its location. The building was built in the late 19th century in the style of the Arts and Crafts Movement, and remains an architectural gem.
Victoria Hall is situated just off Village Road in Higher Bebington. Today a plaque commemorating The Beatles’ performance is sited over the main entrance.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Because, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1967: George Harrison watches Ravi Shankar at the Hollywood Bowl
- 1963: Live: Queen’s Theatre, Blackpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1946: Maureen Cox is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.