Ringo Starr’s eleventh solo studio album, Vertical Man, was released in the United Kingdom on 3 August 1998.
It was not a commercial success, and peaked at number 85 on the official albums chart.
Vertical Man had been released on 16 June 1998 in the United States, with the single ‘La De Da’ following on 20 July. The album peaked at 61 on the US Billboard 200 Chart.
Last updated: 27 August 2021
Also on this day...
- 1967: George Harrison and Ravi Shankar hold a press conference
- 1967: Pattie Harrison reads about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- 1963: The Beatles’ final Cavern Club show
- 1962: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.