The Beatles’ ninth evening show at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this date.
Overall this was their 33rd appearance at the underground venue in Mathew Street which would soon be world-famous due to its association with The Beatles.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, editing: I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Oh! Darling, Here Comes The Sun
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono move into Tittenhurst Park
- 1967: The Beatles are photographed by Richard Avedon
- 1966: Travel: London to Chicago
- 1964: Recording: Baby’s In Black
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Odd Spot Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.