The Beatles’ ninth evening show at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this date.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern Club shows is not known, although at least 155 lunchtime performances and 125 evening shows are documented between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Overall this was their 33rd appearance at the underground venue in Mathew Street which would soon be world-famous due to its association with The Beatles.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, editing: I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Oh! Darling, Here Comes The Sun
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono move into Tittenhurst Park
- 1967: The Beatles are photographed by Richard Avedon
- 1966: Travel: London to Chicago
- 1964: Recording: Baby’s In Black
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Odd Spot Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.