This was The Beatles’ 24th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club, the underground venue on Mathew Street which would soon be world famous.
The Beatles’ lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 32nd appearance overall at the Cavern.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 1968: Paul McCartney is interviewed for New Musical Express
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1962: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.