This was the final date of The Beatles’ second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany. The club was situated on Große Freiheit off the Reeperbahn.
During this trip they performed for a total of 49 hours on stage. The residency began on 1 November 1962 and ended 14 days later on this date.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Minute Maid Park, Houston
- 2009: Sgt Pepper to be released as downloadable content for The Beatles: Rock Band
- 1969: Recording: Stardust, Dream by Ringo Starr
- 1969: UK album release: Wedding Album by John & Yoko
- 1964: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.