The remaining songs from Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band are to be released as downloadable content for The Beatles: Rock Band next week.
An album pack containing the remaining eight songs will be issued for the Xbox 360 on 17 November, and the PlayStation 3 and Wii on 19 November.
The whole album will cost $13.49/£7.49 or 1080 MS Points, with individual tracks priced at $1.99/£0.99, 160 MS Points, or 200 Wii Points.
The tracks to be released are:
- ‘Fixing A Hole’
- ‘She’s Leaving Home’
- ‘Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!’
- ‘Within You Without You’
- ‘When I’m Sixty-Four’
- ‘Lovely Rita’
- ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)’
- ‘A Day In The Life’
Five tracks from the album – ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’, ‘With A Little Help From My Friends’, ‘Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds’, ‘Getting Better’ and ‘Good Morning Good Morning’ – are already included in the game software.
It remains to be seen how gamers are expected to tackle the orchestral crescendos of A Day In The Life using the plastic buttons of the Rock Band controllers.
Last month MTV Games and Harmonix released Abbey Road as the game’s first downloadable album. ‘All You Need Is Love’ was the first standalone track made available, and has been downloaded more than 100,000 times on the XboxLIVE online entertainment network, with all proceeds benefiting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
The complete Rubber Soul album will be released as downloadable content in December.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Minute Maid Park, Houston
- 1969: Recording: Stardust, Dream by Ringo Starr
- 1969: UK album release: Wedding Album by John & Yoko
- 1964: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.