This was the 13th and penultimate date of The Beatles’ second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Sgt Pepper collage sells at auction for £55,250
- 2012: US release: The Beatles’ stereo vinyl box set
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Yas Arena, Abu Dhabi
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Plymouth
- 1963: Television: Move Over, Dad
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.