This was the 42nd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Minute Maid Park, Houston
- 2009: Sgt Pepper to be released as downloadable content for The Beatles: Rock Band
- 1969: Recording: Stardust, Dream by Ringo Starr
- 1969: UK album release: Wedding Album by John & Yoko
- 1964: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.