This was the 42nd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Minute Maid Park, Houston
- 2009: Sgt Pepper to be released as downloadable content for The Beatles: Rock Band
- 1969: Recording: Stardust, Dream by Ringo Starr
- 1969: UK album release: Wedding Album by John & Yoko
- 1964: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.