This was the 41st night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Sgt Pepper collage sells at auction for £55,250
- 2012: US release: The Beatles’ stereo vinyl box set
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Yas Arena, Abu Dhabi
- 2001: US album release: Driving Rain by Paul McCartney
- 2000: Album release: 1
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Plymouth
- 1963: Television: Move Over, Dad
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.