This was the 40th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at HSBC Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan
- 2012: UK release: The Beatles’ stereo vinyl box set
- 2008: Eleanor Rigby signature to be auctioned
- 1968: Recording: Electronic Sound by George Harrison
- 1966: Paul McCartney meets Mal Evans in Bordeaux, France
- 1963: Television: Day By Day, South Today
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.