This was the 39th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Scottrade Center, St Louis
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2002: Album release: Back In The US by Paul McCartney
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: US album release: Two Virgins by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1965: Recording, mixing: The Word, You Won’t See Me, Girl, Wait, I’m Looking Through You
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1956: Paul McCartney watches Lonnie Donegan perform in Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.