This was the 38th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney announces The 7″ Singles Box
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Estádio Kléber Andrade, Cariacica, Brazil
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1967: Filming: Hello, Goodbye
- 1966: Mixing, editing: This Boy, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Run For Your Life, We Can Work It Out, The Word, I’m Looking Through You
- 1964: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1963: Live: Hippodrome, Birmingham
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.