The Beatles' 1964 British tour ended on this date, with two concerts at Bristol's Colston Hall. It was the 27th date of the tour.
They performed two concerts at the venue, for which they were paid £850. Their set throughout the tour contained 10 songs: Twist And Shout, Money (That's What I Want), Can't Buy Me Love, Things We Said Today, I'm Happy Just To Dance With You, I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, I Wanna Be Your Man, A Hard Day's Night and Long Tall Sally.
The support acts on the tour were The Rustiks, Sounds Incorporated, Michael Haslam, The Remo Four, Tommy Quickly and Mary Wells, and the compère was Bob Bain. The evening's two shows began at 6.20pm and 8.45pm.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Kléber Andrade, Cariacica, Brazil
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1967: Filming: Hello, Goodbye
- 1966: Mixing, editing: This Boy, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Run For Your Life, We Can Work It Out, The Word, I’m Looking Through You
- 1963: Live: Hippodrome, Birmingham
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.