This was The Beatles’ sixth performance at the Village Hall on East Prestcot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool.
The show was booked by Mona Best, mother of Pete Best, who promoted beat music events at the Casbah Coffee Club and other venues around Liverpool.
The Beatles performed at the Knotty Ash Village Hall on eight occasions. The other dates were 15, 22 and 29 September; 20 and 27 October; 17 November 1961; and 17 March 1962. The last of these was promoted by Sam Leach, who took over the venue from Mona Best earlier that year.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney announces The 7″ Singles Box
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Estádio Kléber Andrade, Cariacica, Brazil
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1967: Filming: Hello, Goodbye
- 1966: Mixing, editing: This Boy, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Run For Your Life, We Can Work It Out, The Word, I’m Looking Through You
- 1964: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1963: Live: Hippodrome, Birmingham
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.