This was the 10th date of The Beatles’ second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney announces The 7″ Singles Box
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Estádio Kléber Andrade, Cariacica, Brazil
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1967: Filming: Hello, Goodbye
- 1966: Mixing, editing: This Boy, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Run For Your Life, We Can Work It Out, The Word, I’m Looking Through You
- 1964: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1963: Live: Hippodrome, Birmingham
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.