The ninth Los Angeles recording session for Jackie Lomax’s debut album Is This What You Want? took place on this day at Sound Recorders Studio.
George Harrison produced the album for fellow Liverpudlian Lomax. It was released by Apple in March 1969.
During this day’s session musician Paul Beaver added synthesizer to the songs ‘I Fall Inside Your Eyes’, ‘Baby You’re A Lover’, and ‘How Can You Say Goodbye’. This was the penultimate LA session for the album.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Kléber Andrade, Cariacica, Brazil
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1967: Filming: Hello, Goodbye
- 1966: Mixing, editing: This Boy, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Run For Your Life, We Can Work It Out, The Word, I’m Looking Through You
- 1964: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1963: Live: Hippodrome, Birmingham
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.