The ninth date of The Beatles’ 1963 Autumn Tour of the UK and Ireland took place at the Hippodrome Theatre in Birmingham.
They performed a standard 10-songs set throughout the tour: I Saw Her Standing There, From Me To You, All My Loving, You Really Got A Hold On Me, Roll Over Beethoven, Boys, Till There Was You, She Loves You, Money (That’s What I Want) and Twist And Shout.
The Beatles had performed at the Hippodrome on one prior occasion, 10 March 1963. This was their final show at the venue.
The Beatles were taken to the Hippodrome in the back of a police van. Before entering the venue they posed with officers from West Midlands Police.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Kléber Andrade, Cariacica, Brazil
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1967: Filming: Hello, Goodbye
- 1966: Mixing, editing: This Boy, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Run For Your Life, We Can Work It Out, The Word, I’m Looking Through You
- 1964: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.