This was the 11th date of The Beatles’ second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
During this trip they performed a total of 49 hours on stage over a 14-date period. The residency began on 1 November 1962 and ended on 14 November.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Scottrade Center, St Louis
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2002: Album release: Back In The US by Paul McCartney
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: US album release: Two Virgins by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1965: Recording, mixing: The Word, You Won’t See Me, Girl, Wait, I’m Looking Through You
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1956: Paul McCartney watches Lonnie Donegan perform in Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.