This was the 11th date of The Beatles’ second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Scottrade Center, St Louis
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: US album release: Two Virgins by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1965: Recording, mixing: The Word, You Won’t See Me, Girl, Wait, I’m Looking Through You
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1956: Paul McCartney watches Lonnie Donegan perform in Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.