This was The Beatles’ fifth performance at the Village Hall on East Prestcot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool.
The show was booked by Mona Best, mother of Pete Best, who promoted beat music events at the Casbah Coffee Club and other venues around Liverpool.
The Beatles performed at the Knotty Ash Village Hall on eight occasions. The other dates were 15, 22 and 29 September; 20 October; 10 and 17 November 1961; and 17 March 1962. The last of these was promoted by Sam Leach, who took over the venue from Mona Best earlier that year.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Heinz Hall, Pittsburgh
- 1986: US album release: Menlove Ave by John Lennon
- 1981: US album release: Stop And Smell The Roses by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Night And Day by Ringo Starr
- 1964: Mixing: What You’re Doing, Honey Don’t, Mr Moonlight, Every Little Thing, Eight Days A Week
- 1963: Live: Cirkus, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight
- 1962: The Beatles’ first radio interview
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.