This was The Beatles’ second performance at the Village Hall on East Prestcot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool.
The show was booked by Mona Best, mother of Pete Best, who promoted beat music events at the Casbah Coffee Club and other venues around Liverpool.
The Beatles performed at the Knotty Ash Village Hall on eight occasions. The other dates were 15 and 29 September; 20 and 27 October; 10 and 17 November 1961; and 17 March 1962. The last of these was promoted by Sam Leach, who took over the venue from Mona Best earlier that year.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney attends the première of Ocean’s Kingdom
- 2010: McCartney’s former PR man to publish Beatles fan history
- 2010: HP to digitise Paul McCartney’s personal archive
- 2009: The Beatles break chart records around the world in 2009
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.