This was The Beatles’ seventh performance at the Village Hall on East Prestcot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool.
The show was booked by Mona Best, mother of Pete Best, who promoted beat music events at the Casbah Coffee Club and other venues around Liverpool.
The Beatles performed at the Knotty Ash Village Hall on eight occasions. The other dates were 15, 22 and 29 September; 20 and 27 October; 10 November 1961; and 17 March 1962. The last of these was promoted by Sam Leach, who took over the venue from Mona Best earlier that year.
Also on this day...
- 2008: McCartney: “The time has come” for Carnival Of Light
- 1980: Album release: Double Fantasy by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus
- 1964: Radio: Top Gear
- 1963: Live: Coventry Theatre, Coventry
- 1962: Live: Matrix Hall, Coventry
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.