The Beatles’ 27th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
Before this show at the Cavern they performed at the Merseyside Civil Service Club. Overall this was their 82nd appearance at the Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2009: Nowhere Boy soundtrack details revealed
- 2002: Album release: Brainwashed by George Harrison
- 1974: US album release: Goodnight Vienna by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Mixing: Stardust, Dream by Ringo Starr
- 1963: EMI presents The Beatles with silver discs
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.