The Beatles’ 112th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. They topped a bill which also featured The Merseybeats and Paul Hartigan’s Jazz Band.
This was billed as a ‘Welcome Home’ night following their second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg. Overall this was the group’s 255th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including the lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 11 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2009: Nowhere Boy soundtrack details revealed
- 2002: Album release: Brainwashed by George Harrison
- 1974: US album release: Goodnight Vienna by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Mixing: Stardust, Dream by Ringo Starr
- 1963: EMI presents The Beatles with silver discs
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.