This was The Beatles’ 144th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 256th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2012: Paul McCartney autographed tie auctioned for male cancer fundraiser
- 2009: Two Beatles download sites to remain closed indefinitely
- 1995: Sir George Martin appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1976: UK album release: Thirty Three & 1/3 by George Harrison
- 1966: Paul McCartney has the idea for Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Wolverhampton
- 1962: Live: Adelphi Ballroom, West Bromwich
- 1962: Live: Smethwick Baths Ballroom, Smethwick
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.