The 14th date of The Beatles’ 1963 Autumn Tour was also their second and final trip to Wolverhampton. They had previously played there on 14 March 1963.
Throughout the tour The Beatles performed a 10-song set: ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘You Really Got A Hold On Me’, ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Boys’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2012: Paul McCartney autographed tie auctioned for male cancer fundraiser
- 2009: Two Beatles download sites to remain closed indefinitely
- 1995: Sir George Martin appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1976: UK album release: Thirty Three & 1/3 by George Harrison
- 1966: Paul McCartney has the idea for Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1962: Live: Adelphi Ballroom, West Bromwich
- 1962: Live: Smethwick Baths Ballroom, Smethwick
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.