This was the 47th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2012: Paul McCartney autographed tie auctioned for male cancer fundraiser
- 2009: Two Beatles download sites to remain closed indefinitely
- 1995: Sir George Martin appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1976: UK album release: Thirty Three & 1/3 by George Harrison
- 1966: Paul McCartney has the idea for Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Wolverhampton
- 1962: Live: Adelphi Ballroom, West Bromwich
- 1962: Live: Smethwick Baths Ballroom, Smethwick
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.