This was the 48th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2009: BBC screens Paul McCartney’s Children in Need appearance
- 2009: Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney to reunite? Y Not!
- 1981: UK album release: Stop And Smell The Roses by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Paul McCartney is interviewed for Radio Luxembourg
- 1966: Brian Epstein holds a party for The Four Tops in London
- 1964: John Lennon films a sequence for Not Only… But Also
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1962: Live: Floral Hall, Southport
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.