The session took place from 10am to 1.15pm. The mix, numbered 25, was of the song up until the 2'03" mark, and accidentally included a six-beat introduction rather than four.
An edit of the new mix was then made, combining the new stereo mix 25 and the previous mix 7, of the second half of the song. This was edited into the master reel ahead of the EP pressing, and subsequently became the standard stereo version.
Also on this day...
- 2008: McCartney: “The time has come” for Carnival Of Light
- 1980: Album release: Double Fantasy by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1964: Radio: Top Gear
- 1963: Live: Coventry Theatre, Coventry
- 1962: Live: Matrix Hall, Coventry
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.