This was the 45th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2008: McCartney: “The time has come” for Carnival Of Light
- 1980: Album release: Double Fantasy by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus
- 1964: Radio: Top Gear
- 1963: Live: Coventry Theatre, Coventry
- 1962: Live: Matrix Hall, Coventry
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.