This was the 45th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2009: US album release: Good Evening New York City by Paul McCartney
- 2008: McCartney: “The time has come” for Carnival Of Light
- 2003: Album release: Let It Be… Naked
- 1980: Album release: Double Fantasy by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus
- 1964: Radio: Top Gear
- 1963: Live: Coventry Theatre, Coventry
- 1962: Live: Matrix Hall, Coventry
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.