This was the 44th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Apple announces The Beatles on iTunes
- 2009: Paul McCartney awarded the third Gershwin Prize for Popular Song
- 1973: UK album release: Mind Games by John Lennon
- 1965: Paul McCartney compères for Gene Pitney
- 1965: George Martin decides the running order for Rubber Soul
- 1964: Television: Top Of The Pops
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens Theatre, Bournemouth
- 1962: Radio: The Friday Spectacular
- 1957: Live: Stanley Abattoir social club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.