The Beatles recorded an appearance for the BBC’s pop music television show Top Of The Pops on this day, at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith, London.
Between 2pm and 5pm they rehearsed and were filmed miming to I Feel Fine and She’s A Woman. Both performances were first broadcast on the Thursday 3 December edition of the show, broadcast on BBC One from 7.30pm.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Apple announces The Beatles on iTunes
- 2009: Paul McCartney awarded the third Gershwin Prize for Popular Song
- 1973: UK album release: Mind Games by John Lennon
- 1965: Paul McCartney compères for Gene Pitney
- 1965: George Martin decides the running order for Rubber Soul
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens Theatre, Bournemouth
- 1962: Radio: The Friday Spectacular
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1957: Live: Stanley Abattoir social club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.