This was the 43rd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Fukuoka Dome, Fukuoka, Japan
- 1993: UK album release: Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1974: UK album release: Goodnight Vienna by Ringo Starr
- 1971: UK album release: Wild Life by Wings
- 1968: George Harrison appears on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
- 1967: Mixing: Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Mixing: I’m Looking Through You, You Won’t See Me, Girl, Wait, The Word, Michelle
- 1963: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1962: Travel: Hamburg to Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.