The Beatles’ 26th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was their 80th show at the venue, and also the 12th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows there on the same day.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963. This was their 74th overall appearance, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Fukuoka Dome, Fukuoka, Japan
- 1993: UK album release: Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1974: UK album release: Goodnight Vienna by Ringo Starr
- 1971: UK album release: Wild Life by Wings
- 1968: George Harrison appears on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
- 1967: Mixing: Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Mixing: I’m Looking Through You, You Won’t See Me, Girl, Wait, The Word, Michelle
- 1963: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1962: Travel: Hamburg to Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Hippodrome, Manchester
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.