This date saw The Beatles' 55th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 81st appearance at the cellar club, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2008: McCartney: “The time has come” for Carnival Of Light
- 1980: Album release: Double Fantasy by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus
- 1964: Radio: Top Gear
- 1963: Live: Coventry Theatre, Coventry
- 1962: Live: Matrix Hall, Coventry
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.