The Beatles returned to the Warwickshire city of Coventry precisely one year to the day after their first live show there.
They had performed once before at the Coventry Theatre, on 24 February 1963. This time around, however, it was the height of Beatlemania in Britain, and a great many more people crowded around the venue for a glimpse of the group.
This was The Beatles’ final concert in Coventry.
Also on this day...
- 2008: McCartney: “The time has come” for Carnival Of Light
- 1980: Album release: Double Fantasy by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus
- 1964: Radio: Top Gear
- 1962: Live: Matrix Hall, Coventry
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.